Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

Earl's


Their name is Earl’s







So on a tip from the great Rob Bane (see his amazing burger blog ) I went to Earl’s off of highway 380 just to the east of Denton. Now this is not the norm for a great burger place, it is in a gas station. I know what you are thinking and I said the same thing, a gas station burger usually equals poor fast food grade product, agreed and I don’t normally go that route when looking for a great burger, but the giant bill board I saw as I drove up saying “ Best Burger in Denton” put my mind at ease a bit. 


Their signage says they have been in business since 1980 and that kind of longevity also gives one the sense that they are in for a treat. It also means that they probably have an really well seasoned grill! So I went through the drive through for my burger, since I had sleeping kids in the van. I ordered the Earl’s single with bacon which is a half pound patty with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle on a toasted BUN (they only have a single and a double). I also grabbed some fries ( really good fries I might add), and a root beer. After a bit I got this burger, 



Just by looking at it I could tell I was dealing with really fresh ingredients, the patty was tick and juicy looking  with what appeared to be an excellent crust. Upon my first bite I was not disappointed, great crust and really juicy despite being well done, which I usually prefer to have a bit of pink in my half pounders, more med to med well, but this was still great and well seasoned, and the bacon was crispy and went well with the meat,The bun was nice and toasted, fresh veggies were crisp.

Over all I would give Earl’s a 7.5 out of 10, a really top notch, burger, I would go there just for the fries alone though, some of the best I have ever had. Great job Earl’s next time I am on the way to Denton I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment